"Breakfast to Remember" Fruit Topping
Author: Stonewall Jackson Inn Bed & Breakfast
Serves: 30-40 as a topping
- 8 oz vanilla yogurt
- 8 oz Marshmallow Fluff or cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- zest of 1/2 orange or lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp light honey
- juice of 1/2 orange or lemon
- Warm the yogurt, Marshmallow Fluff, and cream cheese so that it will blend easily.
- Using a large mixing bowl, start with the yogurt and whisk in the Marshmallow Fluff until creamy.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until creamy again, then add the zest, ginger, and honey.
- Blend well, using the juice of the orange or lemon to bring it to desired consistency.
- Serve with a tad of your favorite granola, crushed to fine granules, sprinkled on the topping. The presentation and taste is smashing.
In addition to being used as a fruit topping, this also works well as a vegetable/chip dip as it is semi-sweet and just the right consistency. You can put this in small tubs, freeze it, and thaw a small tub at a time. It will keep for several weeks, but seal tight, and thaw slowly overnight.
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/fruit-topping/