Author: Stonewall Jackson Inn Bed & Breakfast
- For Crab Cakes...
- 16 ounces quality lump crab meat
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- splash of liquid crab boil
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tbsp grated carrot
- 1 tbsp diced roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp sliced green onion
- bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or butter
- For Eggs...
- 1½ tsp white vinegar
- 8 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- ½ cup hollandaise sauce
- 8 slices tomato
- For the crab cakes: Combine all crab cake ingredients, except oil or butter, using enough bread crumbs to help form cakes. Make 8 relatively thin cakes the size of an English muffin. Heat oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook crab cakes until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- For the eggs: Bring 4 cups of water and white vinegar to a boil (the vinegar helps the eggs coagulate). Gently crack eggs into water. Cook for about 3 minutes, until eggs are set and yolks are still soft. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, rocking the spoon over a towel to drain excess water.
- Put 2 English muffin halves on each plate. Top each with a slice of tomato and a crab cake. Gently top with 1 poached egg. Spoon 1 tablespoon of hollandaise sauce over each egg. Sprinkle with paprika to serve.
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/eggs-orleans/