Amaretto Maple Delight Casserole
- 3 apples chopped (3 to 4)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1½ sticks margarine (3/4 cup)
- 3 jiggers amaretto
- 2 lb. little link pork sausage (2 to 3) browned and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ C. maple syrup
- 1 can apricot nectar (5.5 oz.)
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Saute apples and onion in margarine.
- Add amaretto.
- Stir in sausage.
- Add maple syrup, apricot nectar, and cinnamon.
- Heat through and put into chafing dish.
May be made ahead and warmed before serving. Serve this as an accompaniment to pancakes.
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/armaretto-maple-casserole/