Recipe: Scotch Eggs
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, shelled
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumb
- Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties.
- Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg until completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/scotch-eggs/