White Chocolate Apricot Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz. premium white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- In large bowl combine flour and next five ingredients (through chocolate). In separate bowl combine milk, butter, and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moist.
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon batter into each of 12 greased muffin cups. Spoon 2 teaspoons preserves into center of each muffin cup (do not spread out over batter) and top with remaining batter. Sprinkle evenly with 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/white-chocolate-apricot-muffins/