Pond Mountain Lodge & Resort, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 canned artichoke hearts
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons breadcrumbs seasoned with:
- 1 teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Carefully scoop out insides of tomatoes and drain juices from the shells. Place tomatoes, hole side up, in baking dish and put in oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix together Parmesan, breadcrumbs, dill, garlic, and onion powder. Remove tomato shells from oven. Into the center of each put one whole or ½ artichoke heart. Break one large egg over each artichoke heart and then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumb mix.
- Place "volcanoes" back into oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. (Time depends on how you prefer eggs cooked... if you want hard yolks, bake for ½ hour.) Serve hot with side condiments of sour cream, chopped chives, green chili salsa, or others of your imagination!
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/slumbering-volcanoes/