Graham Cracker Streusel Coffee Cake
Author: Stonewall Jackson Inn Bed & Breakfast
- For Streusel...
- 1 pkg graham crackers, (9 full ones)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick and 3 Tbsps melted butter
- 1½ cups pecans
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- For Cake...
- 1 box (18¼ oz) white cake or French vanilla cake mix
- 1 box of instants (3.12 oz) French vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Streusel: Put your graham crackers in a Ziploc bag, close it and roll with rolling pin until crushed, put in large bowl. Add other dry ingredients for Streusel. Melt butter pour over and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Cake: Beat ingredients for cake together until thoroughly mixed. Pour half into a greased 13X9X2 baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture. Carefully spread the remaining batter on top of the streusel and then top with remaining streusel. If using an aluminum pan bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. If using a dark pan bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. I've tried this several different ways and it actually bakes better with less brown edges in the aluminum pan for a longer time. Insert toothpick for final test. This is the only coffee cake I've ever made that tastes as good the second day or freezes well and can be served when thawed. Of course you lose the smell that a hot coffee cake right out of the oven provides. I usually drizzle icing on top made from powered sugar and milk.
Recipe by Stonewall Jackson Inn at https://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/recipes/graham-cracker-streusel-coffee-cake/